IMPORTANT HEALTH OFFICE UPDATES!!!
Health Office Updates:
Hello GOHS families, here are a few health office reminders:
- Emergency Health Care Plans currently in place will remain in effect. We will no longer be sending them home for signature and return. If there are changes that need to be made to the Emergency Plan please email email@example.com with the changes needed.
- CIF concussion protocols and documents can be found on this site. If your student requires any medications at school or has a physical limitation please print those documents from the website, fill out, and return them to the health office.
- New medication orders are needed at the beginning of each school year. Prescribed medications need to be in the prescription bottle. Over the counter medications need to be in a new unopened package.
- Any student who is self-carrying an inhaler or epi-pen needs to have a completed medication order in the health office. The self-carry orders will need the second page filled out and signed by the physician ensuring the student knows how to self-administer.
- Students are not allowed to self-carry pills of any kind.
- Orders from physician/providers offices are acceptable if all of the district required information is present on the order and the order is signed by the physician/provider. Parents and students will still be required to sign the district form for permission to administer, per ed code requirements. The order and district form with signatures can be stapled and brought to the health office.
- Please list all medical conditions within the annual Online Registration. That is where we get our information regarding your students health and it helps us to treat them in an efficient manner.
- If you list an allergy for your student: please specify the allergy in the comments within Online Registration.
Students who are ill or struggling with a chronic condition are unable to focus and unable to do their best academically. Their attendance declines and makes it difficult for them to catch up. This is a cycle that we work hard to prevent. We strive to maintain the highest level of health and well-being for all of the students at GOHS.
We are excited and look forward to the upcoming year!
Mary Beth Ingram - RN