- Temecula Middle School
- Library/Media Center
Each student is responsible for between $266.00 to $388.00 worth of textbooks!
- ID cards or schedules are required for all textbook checkouts.
- Write your full name (first and last name), in pen, in the front cover of each of your textbooks.
- Students are expected to return the same book that was issued to them at the beginning of the year. On many occasions a student will turn in a book which was not the book they checked out at the beginning of the year. The barcode number must match the one on the students’ library record to clear their account at the end of the year.
- Books are to be used only by the student to whom the books are issued to. DO NOT loan your books to your friends. If they lose the book, YOU will be charged for it.
- Keep books clean, as there is a charge for any damages. If a book is damaged when you check it out, let the staff know immediately. We will repair it or issue you a new book.
- Do not put water or juice bottles in your backpack with books.
- Do not play or tamper with barcodes; if one comes off, there is a $5.00 charge for replacement.
- DO NOT leave a textbook in a classroom. If the book ends up missing, the teacher is not responsible for its loss: YOU ARE!
- Keep books dry during the rainy season. If a book comes back wet, you will be charged a fine.
- Check books for damages - all previous damage should be noted on the inside front/back cover. It is the responsibility of each student to carefully check his/her textbooks for any PREVIOUS damage which missed being repaired or noted by the library staff. The student has two weeks from the first day of school to look through their books and to return them to the library or they will be responsible to pay the fine when the book is returned.
- Each student is responsible for any and all damages done to his/her assigned textbooks. Damages include torn pages, broken bindings, torn/missing barcodes, graffiti, torn covers, pages soiled by food and/or liquid damages, etc. Fines range from $3 to full price for any book which cannot be reissued. To avoid a fine, please report any damages to the library staff immediately. If we can make a repair or instruct the student on how to make a repair (such as drying a wet book), fines can be avoided.
- Workbooks are consumable. They do not need to be returned at the end of the year.
- Write your name in your workbook immediately.
- If you lose your workbook you will be charged for the replacement copy.