Return to Headlines

Moving to another school's boundary

If your child is currently attending one of our schools, and you move or are moving to another TVUSD school's boundary, please contact your current school. 

You will need to update your address through your Parent Portal or with the school, and provide the school with proofs of residency for your new residence.  

Please let the school know if you wish to continue with them or attend your new zoned school.  They will let you know if you need to do anything else.


If your child is scheduled to attend your zoned school but has not started attending yet, and you move to another TVUSD school's boundary, please fill out a transfer request, HERE


If your child is already on an approved transfer between TVUSD schools, and you move to a different school's boundary, you do not need to do anything to continue at the same school. 

Transfers between schools within TVUSD are valid as long as you continue to live anywhere within the district. 

If you would like to attend your new zoned school, your current school will coordinate the change.


If your child is on an approved transfer from a different district, and you move to a TVUSD school's boundary that is not the one your child is attending, please contact your current school to either fill out a transfer form to continue with them, or to coordinate a change in enrollment to your new zoned school.



*Please note: 

Continued attendance at any school, if you move outside of its boundary, is based on satisfactory attendance, citizenship and scholarship, as well as space availability for students on a transfer.