Return to Headlines

W-2 and W-4 Notification

IRS regulations (Reg. 3103492(f)(2)-1(c)(3)) require Temecula Valley Unified School District to annually remind you to file a new form W-4,  Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate, whenever there is a change in filing status such as due to marriage, a change in the number of dependents, or a change in the amount of itemized deductions or tax credits anticipated for the tax year.  If you need to make changes to your Federal and State income tax withholding deductions, you will need to complete a new 2019 W-4.  You can access the 2019 W-4 form by clicking here.

Your W-2 will be processing in January and are scheduled to be sent to Fiscal mid January.  Permanent employees will have their W-2 sent to your site.  Substitutes will be mailed to the address on file in our Galaxy financial system.  Your W-2s will be sent out as soon as we receive them.

If you have moved or want to confirm your address is correct in Galaxy, please contact either HRD or your payroll technician to verify.  If you need an address change, please complete the "DISTRICT HRD and PAYROLL CHANGE OF ADDRESS / PHONE / NAME FORM".  You can access this form here.  Please return this form to HRD.

Exemptions - W-4
To continue to be exempt from withholding during the year, you must file a new W-4 by February 15th each year.  According to IRS regulations, if we do not receive a new W-4, we must withhold taxes based on the last valid W-4 form on file or if one does not exist, withhold federal income taxes as if you were single and claiming no withholding allowances.  You can access the 2019 W-4 form by clicking here.   

Filing exempt requires an employee to meet certain qualifications.  There are also some other factors that help decide if an employee can be exempt from federal income taxes. If you need assistance with your qualifications, please refer to the IRS publication 505.  You can access this on by clicking on this link.  

IRS Calculator
The IRS recommends using the "paycheck checkup" withholding calculator to help you determine if you have the right amount of taxes withheld from your paycheck.  You can access the IRS calculator by clicking here.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your Payroll Specialist:

Certificated (CE)
Alison Bruce - (951) 506-7939 (A-K) 

Shawna Jennings - (951) 506-7938 (L-Z)  

Classified (CL)
Becky Utter - (951) 506-7073 (A-K) 

Belinda Ribao - (951) 506-7069 (L-Z)