Variety Show Information
Paloma Variety Show
Date: Tuesday, February 26th
3 shows during school day
Evening: 6:00 pm
If you love performing for an audience and you have a special or unique talent, we want you to audition for our Paloma Variety Show. You may sing, dance, create magic, throw a baton, play an instrument, make us laugh with a comedy routine, or do something creative and fun.
There will ONLY be two audition dates. We will not be able to accommodate switches for auditions.
There will be no make-up auditions.
Kinder - 2nd Grade Auditions
Date: Monday, Feb. 11th
Time: 3:30 pm
3rd - 5th Grade Auditions
Date: Tuesday, Feb. 12th
Time: 3:30 pm
Everyone will be chosen to participate in our variety show as an opening act or with their auditioned act. We want to put together a great show, which everyone will enjoy, therefore BRING ON THE TALENT!!!!!
M.C. Auditions (open to 5th graders only)
If you are interested in trying out to be the M.C., you must prepare a mock introduction and add your own personal “flair”. Try-outs will be held Thursday, February 14th at 8:00 am in the MPR
We do have a few requirements, which are MANDATORY in order for auditioned acts to be considered:
- Your final act can be no longer than 2 minutes. You will only audition a 30 second portion of your routine.
- If you are dancing, your final act is limited to 90 seconds. Please wear your costume and remember that dance routines must be age appropriate. Bring your music on a device with a headphone jack or email your music to email@example.com. Email us if you have any questions about music.
- Costumes and music must be appropriate for elementary school. Please check for language content and message before the auditions.
- Permission slips must be completed and brought to the audition. Teachers will NOT be collecting these.
- If singing, you must have an accompanist or musical track.
- Any audition that needs music must have it on the day of the audition or you cannot try out!!! Absolutely no lead vocals allowed on your music!!! We will need copies of all digital files or cds of the music.
Date: Thursday, Feb. 14th
Time: Dismissal - 3:20 pm
Feb. 22nd AND Dress Rehearsal on Feb. 25th from 3:30-4:30 pm
Rehearsals are MANDATORY regardless of scheduling conflicts with other extra-curricular activities. These requirements are essential in order for the variety show to be a success. We greatly appreciate your support and understanding!