Services for English Language Learners
Welcome to the Services for English Learners department at the Temecula Valley Unified School District. Our mission is to provide you with information about the range of educational programs and services that are available to students who are learning English, as well as to their families.
TVUSD Limited English Program for English learners will provide support for English learners to attain English proficiency, develop high levels of academic attainment in English, and meet the same challenging state academic standards as all other students.
- Provide high-quality tier I instruction for students utilizing state frameworks, state standards, and Unit Planning Organizers.
- Provide daily designated and integrated ELD based on ELA/ELD standards.
- Monitor student progress.
- Collaborate with colleagues to plan interventions.
- Provide tier II interventions.
- Maintain ongoing communication with students’ families, utilizing their primary language whenever possible.
- Inform families of student’s progress throughout year.
- Participates in progress monitoring site group (progress monitoring site group) to ensure progress monitoring and intervention for ELs.
- Recommends ELs for reclassification based on ELP and academic data.
- Attend / participate in trainings to understand the EL Master Plan and how to implement ELD instructional strategies.
- Work with colleagues in Professional Learning Communities to plan appropriate instruction, monitor progress, and share best instructional practices.
Krystal Fielstra, APOSA - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenny Romero, TOSA - email@example.com
31350 Rancho Vista Road
Telephone: (951) 676- 2661