The Mission of the Safety and Security Department in TVUSD
At the heart of the TVUSD Schools, our Safety and Security Department is dedicated to safeguarding the educational environment. Our mission revolves around three primary areas of service: ensuring the protection of students, staff, and visitors; meticulous emergency preparedness and planning; and the preservation of the physical infrastructure.
We act as a vital link with law enforcement agencies, facilitating coordination and cooperation in matters of safety and security.
In service to our students, parents, employees, and the wider community, the Temecula Valley Unified School District Safety and Security department is committed to delivering protection for students, staff, and visitors; meticulous planning for emergencies; and the safeguarding of property and assets.
TVUSD Safety Protocols
- Each site has a safety plan
- All sites have established visitor protocols
- All campuses have perimeter fencing
- SRO's (School Resource Officers) are assigned to each high school campus and support the middle and elementary schools when needed
- Provide ongoing training and drills