Gardner Middle School Counselors
GMS COUNSELING BELIEFS
- All students have equitable access to knowledge and skills to academically succeed.
- All students have equitable access to achieve college/career awareness.
- All students have the ability to maintain a positive attitude toward personal growth.
- All students are individually responsible to become contributors to their community.
- All students have a respectful, safe, nurturing, high quality teaching environment that supports achievement and leadership.
GMS COUNSELING VISION STATEMENT
Through participation in Gardner Middle School’s Counseling Program, all students will develop into socially responsible, contributing members of a diverse community. They will develop a positive mindset and a strong sense of accountability to standards that exist outside of themselves for the greater good. They will develop necessary skills to successfully transition to high school, participate in post secondary education, and obtain and maintain employment. Additionally, students will be emotionally intelligent, independent thinkers, and lifelong learners.
GMS COUNSELING MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Gardner Middle School Counseling program is to collaborate with teachers, staff, parents and the community to provide a welcoming and safe environment. Students will receive equitable access to the knowledge, skills, and support necessary to achieve academic success and college/career awareness. Paramount to individual student success is a positive attitude toward personal growth and social responsibility to become successful contributing members of the community.
GMS Google Classroom for 2020-2021 School Year
Also, as we work toward online learning for students, note that the GMS Counselors will be working with students through GMS Counselor Google Classroom, which will provide academic, social, emotional and college, career resources and updates. Join ouir Google Classroom using this code: fibr3fb (updated for 2020-2021 school year).