School Vision and Mission
The staff at Nicolas Valley Elementary School firmly believe that all students can be successful learners. We believe that learning is a life-long process in which students, teachers, and parents must work closely together to ensure student success. We are commintted to providing a learning environment that is safe, caring, nuturing, focused, and responsive to student needs. Instruction is based on the Common Core State Standards and incorporates a variety of materials and strategies designed to meet every student's needs.
The Nicolas Valley Elementary School community, along with Temecual Valley Unified School District, holds the following core values:
- Student centered in everything we do;
- Focused on results;
- Bias for action and willingness to take risks for students;
- Respect and empowerment of teachers, staff, and students;
- Value parents as participants;
- Maintain the integrity of district-wide standards while encouraging school site autonomy.