Phone: 951-699-8138 ext. 1311
Degrees and Certifications:
BS-Elementary Education, University of Wisconsin, Madison MA Ed. (Reading and Literacy), Cal State University, San Bernardino Social Science Single Subject Credential
Welcome to 7th Grade Social Studies. This year I begin my 34th year of teaching. I have taught everything from 2nd grade up through 8th grade, but that last 23 years have been focused primarily on 7th grade Social Studies.
This year we will be learning about medieval world history. The standards for grade 7 cover the period between ancient and modern times, or the medieval world: life in medieval Europe and the Byzantine Empire; the history of Muslim empires and the rise of Islam; the cultures of West Africa; imperial China; medieval Japan; the Mayan, Inca, and Aztec civilizations; and Europe’s Renaissance, Reformation, Scientific Revolution, and Enlightenment. During first semester this year we will be piloting new social studies materials through the use of 2 different textbooks as the district works towards adopting new curricular materials for the 2019-2020 school year. This will be an exciting and challenging experience and more information will be provided once the school year begins.
This website will be a vital resource for you and your child. Please take time to familarize yourself with its contents.
- Chapter 4 Lesson 1 Guided Reading & paragraph (see directions for what to write about): due Tues., Nov. 13
- Chapter 4 Lesson 1 Vocabulary: due Tues., Nov. 13
- Chapter 4 Lesson 1 quiz: Tues., Nov. 13
- Chapter 3 test corrections: due by Fri., Nov. 16
- Chapter 4 Lesson 2 Vocabulary: due Fri., Nov. 16
- Chapter 4 Lesson 2 Guided Reading: due Fri., Nov. 16
- Chapter 4 Lesson 2 Quiz: Fri. Nov. 16
LEARN A LOT.