6TH GRADE SCIENCE AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS
Welcome to the James L. Day Middle School 2023/24 school year and the 6th Grade!
My name is Barbara Dowling, and this will be my 20th year teaching in Temecula. I have been teaching at DMS since 2012. Prior to that, I taught 5th grade at Ysabel Barnett Elementary.
My husband and I live locally, and we have three children (all of whom went to Barnett Elementary, DMS, and Chaparral High) and three grandchildren.
In my free time, I love playing with my grandkids, long-distance hiking and camping, riding my quad, growing fruits and vegetables in my garden, and cooking.
The best (and most expedient way) to contact me is by email
Canvas is the learning management system for secondary grades (6 -12) which includes all digital assignments. Use the links below to get started using the Canvas Parent Portal.
Infinite Campus is the student information system for TVUSD and is the grade book of record for all students. Use the links below for access to the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
The following items are suggested for student success in Science and ELA
- One 3-Subject Spiral Binder with 150 pages minimum (must be 8.5 x 11, college ruled) **See the Amazon Wishlist for example.
- Glue Sticks (a dozen or more)
- Pencils (wooden or mechanical + lead)
- Erasable pens (multiple colors)
- Colored pencils
- Composition Book (college ruled) ~ ELA only
- Pocket folder (durable/plastic) ~ ELA only
Parents and Guardians, please click HERE and complete the Parent/Guardian information survey.