(1) Enrollment for the 2022-23 school year is open, and students may enroll anytime from August 2022 through May 2023. We look forward to seeing new and returning students!
(2) HS Diploma Program and GED Preparation: We offer an independent study program for both High School Diploma and GED Preparation.
(3) Face masks are OPTIONAL as of March 14, 2022. Students and visitors are no longer required to wear a face mask while on campus.
Adult Students may register for the 2022-23 school in one of two ways:
(1) Pick up registration materials at the Adult School office Monday-Thursday 10 am to 2 pm.
(2) Request registration materials be emailed or faxed to you. Send requests to Laura Witz: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once a student has submitted a completed registration packet, the student will be contacted to schedule reading and math assessments (required of all adult students by the State of California). The assessments are taken in the Adult School classroom.
School Secretary: Laura Witz, email@example.com
Adult School Teacher: Susan Ingle, firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal: David Schlottman, email@example.com
Temecula Valley Adult School is located in Room 2 on the
Sparkman Alternative Education Center campus
32225 Pio Pico Road Temecula, CA 92592
OUR MISSION To support the immediate and future academic and career needs of adult learners in the Temecula Valley and the surrounding communities.
OUR VISION To provide a space where adult learners:
- feel welcome, safe, supported, valued, and understood for their unique strengths, experiences, and challenges.
- access a program that is useful in achieving future academic and/or career goals.
- find multiple ways to learn and succeed.
- take part in education and workforce partnerships.
OUR SCHOOLWIDE LEARNER OUTCOMES Our students will:
- learn about the physical and philosophical worlds which surround us by earning credits for a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- develop and implement a transition plan that leads to future career and/or academic goals.
- discover personal strengths and abilities which will help them be successful in the diploma/certificate programs and beyond.
Who We Are. Established in 1990, Temecula Valley Adult School (TVAS) serves adult students (18+) from Temecula and surrounding communities. Adult students are able to enroll at any point during the school year. TVAS is located in Room 2, on the Sparkman Alternative Education Center (SAEC) campus along with the Temecula Valley USD continuation high school and the independent study school. Because of its location at the front of the campus, near public parking along with its own registration area, classroom, and restroom, TVAS serves as an ideal location to serve adult learners.
Temecula Valley Adult School is a member of the Southwest Riverside County Adult Education Regional Consortium which is part of the state-wide California Adult Education Program (CAEP). As a member of the Consortium, TVAS has a strong relationship with the local community college and other adult schools which make up the Consortium. TVAS students have weekly college and career counseling made available on site by Mount San Jacinto College’s Adult Education program. In addition, TVAS students are able to attend vocational programs, such as Culinary and Welding classes, sponsored by the college and other local adult schools.
Temecula Valley Adult School is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS-WASC).