Student Teacher and University Fieldwork Assignments

  • Temecula Valley Unified School District is happy to partner with many colleges and universities nationwide, as we welcome student teachers and fieldwork students every semester who receive mentoring from highly qualified TVUSD educators.

    Please see the process outlined below for specific requests:

    Student Teaching

    Student teaching assignment requests may be submitted by the university to Nancy Mireles in our Human Resources Development Department.

    Fieldwork Experience / Service Learning

    If you are a college or university student seeking an undergraduate fieldwork or service learning assignment:

    1. Download and complete Section 1 of this Fieldwork Assignment Application form.
    2. Contact a school site of your choice to seek approval for your fieldwork, providing them with information from a current syllabus or university letter indicating the assignment requirements.
    3. Once a school administrator accepts your assignment, please have them fill out and sign section 2.
    4. You must return the completed form to Nancy Mireles in Human Resources to complete the clearance process.

    Classroom Observations (for College/University Students)

    College or university-required classroom observation* hours may be requested directly through our school sites and must be approved by the school administration. Please present the following with your request:

    • Cover letter from college or university, OR current class syllabus indicating the number of required observation hours;
    • Driver’s license or California ID;
    • Your contact information;
    • Negative TB screening (from within the last four years).

    If approved for an observation assignment, you will complete the Raptor Check-In Process (Megan’s Law Background Check), upon entering the campus.

    *Observation hours ONLY. If the assignment requires anything other than observation hours, please refer to the “Fieldwork Experience” section above.