California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting (CUPCCAA)
The Temecula Unified School District has elected to become subject to the California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act (CUPCCAA). The District invites all licensed contractors to apply for inclusion on the District’s list of registered contractors. Registration is required to be eligible for award of any District public works project estimated to cost up to $200,000.
CUPCCAA is a useful tool for the District as it raises informal quote thresholds, simplifies the informal quote process for small projects, reduces advertising costs, expedites the bidding processes, and increases the likelihood that the bids received will be from responsive, responsible contractors. CUPCCAA allows the District to have a less formal bid process, but with appropriate guidelines and checks and balances in place.
Utilizing CUPCCAA allows local agencies to perform public works projects as follows:
- Under $60,000
- Contracting for construction services would be exempt from bidding requirements; these projects would be performed by negotiated contract or by purchase order
- The District may select a qualified contractor from the list for project without going through an informal or formal bid process
- Projects over $60,000 and up to an estimated $200,000
- Projects may be let to contract by the informal bidding procedures set forth by the California Public Contract Code.
- Projects over $200,000
- Contracts for Public Works Projects will be subject to formal bidding procedures.
Thank you for your interest in working with the Temecula Valley Unified School District.
Temecula Valley Unified School District has contracted with Colbi Technologies to provide a web-based process for submitting to their Prequalified Contractor CUPCCAA lists called Quality Bidders.
- To sign up CLICK HERE
- For detailed instructions in completing your application, please navigate to the bottom of the page from this link: CLICK HERE
- For a current list of CUPCCAA Contractors signed up in Temecula Valley Unified School District CLICK HERE
NOTE: This registration process is for the purpose of being notified of construction related bid opportunities according to your license classification. This is not a prequalification process.
Please Contact Michelle Kurtz at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions on the CUPCCAA applications.
For technical support, please contact email@example.com with any questions about the use of the QualityBidders web-based tool or call the help desk support at 714-505-9544.