• Immunizations

    Check with your physician and make sure your student is up to date on all immunizations.
    For those student's currently in 6th grade, please get your Tdap vaccine and 2 doses of the Varicella vaccine before the summer and turn in a copy of your child's immunization record to the health office. If you choose to not have your child immunized, please contact your doctor's office and have a waiver signed by your physician, prior to the start of school.
    Under a new law known as SB277, beginning January 1, 2016 exemptions based on personal beliefs, including religious beliefs will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry to a school in California. Most families will not be affected by the new law because their children have received all required vaccinations. Personal beliefs exemptions on file for a child already attending school will remain valid until the child reaches the next immunization checkpoint at kindergarten (including transitional kindergarten) or ih grade.

    For more information about SB277, please see the frequently asked questions available at Shots for Schools Webpage. 

    "Healthy Students Learn Better"

    Students should not be sent to school with symptoms listed below:
    Fever {100 or above)
    Nausea with or without vomiting
    Pain that is not controlled
    Flu symptoms
    Students may return to school:
    When they are fever free for 24 hours
    When they have had not vomited or had diarrhea for the last 24 hours


    "Students with Injuries" 

    If your student, whether for an injury or illness, is to be excused from PE they MUST have a note. 

    Students can be excused from participating in PE for up to 3 days with a parent note. If a student needs to be out longer than 3 days, a doctor's note is required.
    Doctor's notes will be followed as prescribed. Please make sure there is a beginning and end date and that your doctor is specific as to what your student can or cannot do. Students who are not allowed to participate in any PE activities per the doctor's orders will be sent to the library for "Medical PE".
    If a student needs to use crutches or wear a brace, wrap, sling etc that
    "orthopedic equipment" must be included in the doctor's note. A student may be excluded from school without a note for this equipment.

    "Medication Authorization"
    Any medications given at school must be accompanied by a Physicians Authorization. This included over-the-counter medications. Students may not'
    carry medication with them with the exception of an Epinephrine pen or emergency inhaler (a doctor's authorization is still required to self-carry these medications}.