Click the link below to access the tutoring request form
Peer Tutoring is a popular resource for students needing extra support in their classes. Please be patient as we have many requests to assign. Remember that the Peer Tutors are students themselves with similar workloads as the students requesting help. In the event that we do not have a tutor who can help in a certain course, the Peer Leader advisors will reach out to the teachers for a student tutor recommendation.
Here are the steps we follow to ensure each student has the best possible tutoring experience:
1. Tutoring requests are handed out every Monday during the weekly Peer Leader meetings. For safety and security reasons, the Peer Tutors work in pairs and will record each tutoring session using Zoom. Any misconduct will result in the tutors immediately ending the session and the recording being submitted to administration.
2. Tutors will contact students through their TVUSD gmail accounts only. We do not text, so please remember to check your email.
- Students will be asked to provide any concepts they need help with or provide a copy of any upcoming assignments so the tutors can be prepared for each session.
- Unprepared students will need to be rescheduled.
3. Tutors will attempt to make contact 3 times. If student does not respond, the tutors will close the request.
- Student/Parents may be contacted by counselors
4. Everyone's time is valuable and we have many students asking for this resource. Students are expected to be on time to their schedule session. Tutors will wait 15 minutes for student to arrive. If student is a no show, the tutoring request will be closed. Please communicate with the tutors if you cannot make a session and need to reschedule.
If you have any questions, please contact the advisors.
Christina Gandy: email@example.com
Alva Ruiz: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trish Shea: email@example.com