CANVAS & ZOOM SUPPORT PAGE
Canvas Troubleshooting Tips for Students
If you are experiencing trouble with Canvas, here are a few things you can try.
1. Be sure you're logging into temecula.instructure.com This is the only way students can access Canvas.
2. You must use your EXACT student Google login credential. Include the "@tvusd.us".
3. Canvas can be temperamental. If you're logged into Google, your password works fine, but Canvas may tell you it's wrong. Try entering it over and over about 4 or 5 times. Most of the time, this works and the system will let you in.
4. Use Google Chrome as your web browser. Other browsers do not work as well with Canvas.
5. Mac users: You will need to use Google Chrome, not Safari, as your web browser.
6. Clear your browser history, delete cookies, and clear the cache.
7. If the site is not loading completely, you may want to pick up a hotspot from the district office to boost your connection especially if you are having trouble submitting assignments. Click here to access the request form.
Please try these steps and if you're still experiencing problems, contact Mrs. Gandy at (951) 695-4200 ext.171 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, her Zoom office link is located in the CHS Student Homeroom tile in Canvas, under Announcements. You may click here to fill out a help ticket with the district tech support dept.
Zoom Troubleshooting Tips for Students
If you are receiving this error message, please follow the attached instructions to join your class.
You may also need to authenticate your accounts. Please follow these steps:In Canvas, go to AccountClick on Global AnnouncementThen click on RecentThere will be a linkClick the link and follow the prompts to authorize Zoom to link to your TVUSD accountZoom will send them an emailClick the link in that email to finish the process.
If you have trouble with certain Zoom links through Canvas, please follow the instructions below.
1. Login to Zoom.us
2. Select Sign in with Google and use your student credentials
3. Go to Join a Meeting
4. Enter your teacher's meeting code and password (if needed). You can also copy and paste the link and it will only keep the meeting code.
If you are getting bumped from your class repeatedly, the problem may be with your internet connection. One suggestion is to pick up a hotspot from the district office. Click the link below to access the request form. Parents may also want to contact their internet provider and check the internet speed.
This is a common problem with Chromebooks. Please run the software update for Chrome OS. That should fix the problem.
You may also need to authenticate your accounts. Follow these steps:In Canvas, go to AccountClick on Global AnnouncementThen click on RecentThere will be a linkClick the link and follow the prompts to authorize Zoom to link to your TVUSD accountZoom will send them an emailClick the link in that email to finish the process.
Please keep in mind that many schools and colleges are back in session and are also using Zoom, overloading their servers. You can check the status of Zoom anytime by clicking the link below.
CREATING YOUR CANVAS PARENT ACCOUNT
Follow the steps below to create your parent observer account.
- Go to http://temecula.instructure.com/login/canvas
- Click "Need a Canvas account?" at the top right of the page.
- Click "Parents Sign Up Here" link
- Fill in all the fields
- You will need a student generated 6-digit code
- Students can get this code by loggin in to their Canvas account
- They will click on Account
- Then click Settings
- On the right, click Pair with Observer
- This will give them the access code for their parent
- Click "Start Participating"
- If you need to pair another student, go to Account ---> Settings ---> Observing
- Enter the access code for the additional student and click "+Student"