CANVAS & ZOOM SUPPORT PAGE
Canvas Troubleshooting Tips for Students
If you are experiencing trouble with Canvas, here are a few things you can try.
1. Be sure you're logging into temecula.instructure.com This is the only way students can access Canvas.
2. You must use your EXACT student Google login credentials. Include the "@tvusd.us".
3. Canvas can be temperamental. If you're logged into Google, your password works fine, but Canvas may tell you it's wrong. Try entering it over and over about 4 or 5 times. Most of the time, this works and the system will let you in.
4. Use Google Chrome as your web browser. Other browsers do not work as well with Canvas.
5. Mac users: You will need to use Google Chrome, not Safari, as your web browser.
6. If Canvas says to "authorize" certain Google assignments, make sure your Google account is registered to your Canvas account. You can either click "authorize" or do this in Canvas under Settings.
7. Clear your browser history, delete cookies, and clear the cache.
8. If you are using a personal device, make sure you are logged into your school Google account. If you are still in your personal account you will have trouble with websites and Google assignments.
Please try these steps and if you're still experiencing problems, contact Mrs. Gandy at (951) 695-4200 ext.171 or email@example.com.
CREATING YOUR CANVAS PARENT ACCOUNT
Follow the steps below to create your parent observer account.
Before you begin, you will need a student generated 6-digit code
- Students can get this code by logging in to their Canvas account
- They will click on Account
- Then click Settings
- On the right, click Pair with Observer
- This will give them the access code for their parent
- Go to http://temecula.instructure.com/login/canvas
- Click "Need a Canvas account?" at the top right of the page.
- Click "Parents Sign Up Here" link
- Fill in all the fields
- Enter your access code
- Click "Start Participating"
- If you need to pair another student, go to Account ---> Settings ---> Observing
- Enter the access code for the additional student and click "+Student"
UC Scout Info
UC Scout does not give TVUSD access to its database so we are unable to help troubleshoot. Students must contact the UC Scout help desk for passwords and any other tech help. The one thing we do know is students must be logged into the UC Scout Canvas page. There is no access to these courses through the TVUSD Canvas system. The link to the UC Scout Canvas page is here: http://login.ucscout.org/