2024 Appointment for the Temecula Valley Unified School District Trustee Area 2
Summary of Board Appointment Process:
- The Board accepted Trustee 2 Area applications from December 21 to January 26.
- At the December 18 Special Board Meeting, Board Member Komrosky and Board Member Barclay were selected to serve on the
- Application screening subcommittee to assist with the provisional appointment process.
- A total of 13 candidates applied, with one candidate withdrawing their application.
- All candidates were notified of their interview schedule and time on February 9.
- The names of the candidates will be posted on the agenda for the February 13 board meeting.
- The Board Subcommittee convened to verify candidate eligibility, determine the number of questions to be asked during interviews, allocate time for each interview, and establish the order of interviews.
- A random drawing process determined the order of interviews.
This process ensured transparency and fairness in selecting the new board member for the Trustee 2 Area.
December 21, 2023
TVUSD Announces Governing Board of Education Vacancy
Now Accepting Applications for Provisional Appointment Consideration
On December 15, 2023, Board of Education trustee Danny Gonzalez resigned his position, effective immediately.
The resignation creates a vacancy on the Temecula Valley Unified School District Board of Education. The Board met on December 18, 2023, and approved a provisional appointment process to fill the vacant position. The term of the provisional appointment will expire in November 2024. At that time, the appointed candidate may seek election to fill the remainder of the trustee's term through November 2026.
The District is now accepting applications from qualified persons who would like to be considered for appointment. Applications are due Friday, January 26, 2024, by 4:30 p.m. Qualified candidates must be:
- A California registered voter residing in the boundaries of Temecula Valley Unified School District Trustee Area Two – (It is your responsibility to confirm that you reside in Trustee Area Two). Click here to review the trustee area map. Area 2 is listed in green.
- At least 18 years of age
- Not disqualified by the constitution or laws of the state from holding a civil office
- Not an employee of the Temecula Valley Unified School District
- Available on Tuesday, February 13, 2024, at 4:00 p.m. to attend the Board meeting and participate in the public interview process
If a TVUSD employee applies and is selected to fill the position, their employment would be terminated upon being sworn into office.
Application packets are available at the Temecula Valley Unified School District Office at 31350 Rancho Vista Rd, Temecula, CA, or the application may be accessed via the link below.
Application packets are being accepted from 7:30 to 4:30 p.m. at the District Office at the above address. Completed application packets must be delivered to the District Office in person, by mail, or by e-mail and must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, January 26, 2024. Completed application packets may be attached to an email and sent to Lená Anocibar firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, January 26, 2024.
Applicants must be available for interviews to be conducted by the Board at a public meeting on Tuesday, February 13, 2024, beginning at 4:00 p.m.
For more information on this vacancy, please contact the Executive Assistant to the Superintendent, Lená Anocibar, (951)506-7904.