In order to enroll, students must be at least 18 years of age (or pregnant/ parenting if younger than 18), have a form of photo identification, pay a $60.00 refundable book deposit fee, take State-mandated reading and mathematics assessments, and meet with a certificated teacher to: (1) set academic and transitional goals, (2) discuss a regular meeting schedule, (3) obtain textbooks and assignments, and/or (4) be enrolled in an online class. Students graduate on completion of a 175 credit course of study. In the initial meeting with the teacher, students also receive general program orientation information and sign both the independent study master agreement and course contracts.
- Monday through Thursday from 9AM to 1PM
- TVAS is closed on all TVUSD school holidays.
Required Documentation & Fees:
- Present an official copy of your high school transcript
- Bring an official photo ID, issued by a government agency.
- Pay the $60 (refundable) book deposit, CASH ONLY.
Prior to Meeting with your Teacher:
- Complete the Registration Forms
- Complete Goals Survey
- Complete Initial Math and Reading Assessment
Introductory Teacher Meeting
- Set academic and career goals
- Determine regular meeting schedule
- Receive materials
- online account information