We are all expected to follow the GMS ROAR Philosophy (Respect, Ownership, Achievement, Rigor) in our class.
1. DRESS OUT IN YOUR OWN PE UNIFORM DAILY -- RESPONSIBILITY, OWNERSHIP & ACHIEVEMENT
DAILY REQUIRED ITEMS:
- Gray PE uniform shirt
- Navy blue PE uniform shorts
- Socks and athletic shoes/sneakers (shoes should fit well and stay on your feet during activity)
- Take your PE uniform home to wash every Friday
- Bring back your clean PE uniform every Monday
- Keep an extra pair of athletic shoes/sneakers and a sweatshirt in your locker all year for cold/inclement days
***COLD/INCLEMENT WEATHER ACCEPTABLE OUTERWEAR = Students may wear a sweatshirt and/or sweatpants may be worn OVER the required PE uniform (PE shirt, PE shorts). Please no coats, jackets, rain boots, snow boots or UGG boots. School clothes should NOT be worn under or over the PE uniform.
PURCHASING PE UNIFORM ITEMS:
1. You may purchase your PE uniform online at the GMS ASB Student Store via this link. Print out your receipt and bring it to the bookkeeper to pick up your items during her business hours (see #2)
2. Or your child may bring money to the bookkeeper at the front office when she is available = TUESDAY & FRIDAYS 7:30am-10:30am or WEDNESDAYS 12:30pm-3:30pm
3. Or you may purchase items at a local store -- PLAIN gray t-shirt (no wording or pictures) and NAVY BLUE shorts. First name and last name will need to be written on shirt with a permanent marker.
2. TRY YOUR BEST...Give 100% every day! Even when the teacher is not watching/looking -- RESPONSIBILITY, OWNERSHIP, ACHIEVEMENT & RIGOR
- Warm up jog or dynamic exercises (may include but not limited to jumping jacks, high knees, butt kicks, burpees, skipping, carioca, etc.)
- Flexibility stretches
- Strength exercises (usually curl-ups and push-ups, but could also include other core or strength exercises)
- Daily activity
3. COMPLETE ALL HOMEWORK OR GOOGLE CLASSROOM ASSIGNMENTS -- RESPONSIBILITY, OWNERSHIP, ACHIEVEMENT & RIGOR
- All notes or information given in class are always posted in Google Classroom -- you are responsible for either taking notes from them or printing a copy for yourself to add to your PE notebook
- Be an active learner -- ask questions during class time or come see Mrs. Alforque at break, at lunch, after school or send me an email
4. LEARN TO COMMUNICATE, COLLABORATE AND WORK WITH OTHERS -- RESPECT, OWNERSHIP, ACHIEVEMENT & RIGOR
- Communicating appropriately and respectfully is a life skill. PE class helps us learn to communicate in small groups and large groups.
- Being accepting of others skill levels, if different than our own. How can you help them get better or improve?
- Accept results of all game/activity outcomes and have good sportsmanship. It's not always about winning!
5. RESPECT YOURSELF, OTHERS AND EQUIPMENT WE USE -- RESPECT & OWNERSHIP
- Take care of yourself -- eat healthy, exercise and stretch daily, get enough sleep, learn to manage stress
- Be polite and kind -- no name calling or teasing/bullying
- Take care of all PE equipment, lockers, fields and courts -- use them as they are meant to be used