TVUSD may accept donations as a gift, grant, or bequest of money, property, or service to the district from any individual, private agency or organization, or other public agency that desires to support the district's educational program.
All donations must be submitted in accordance with the TVUSD Donation Process.
- All donations (gifts, grants, and bequests) in excess of $250.00 must be submitted for Board approval through the office of the Superintendent.
- The Board must:
- Consider any conditions or restrictions imposed by the donor to ensure consistency with the district’s vision, philosophy, and operations.
- Ensure the gift does not involve a creation of a program that it cannot sustain, entail excessive costs, promote the use of violence, drugs, tobacco, or alcohol or the violation of any law or district policy, imply endorsement of a business or politicize the school environment. Any gift that may cause high maintenance or operation cost and/or considered unsafe will not be accepted.
- Ensure books and instructional materials meet regular District criteria
- Upon approval, the donation will become the property of the Temecula Valley Unified School District. Once something becomes the property of the District, only the Board can divest the District of its ownership by declaring it surplus. Any gift may be used, replaced, and disposed of in accordance with law and Board policy without further obligation to the donor.
Board Policies & Admin Regulations: