- Enter the classroom quietly and be in your seat when the period begins.
- Be prepared with your completed homework, planner, paper, pencils and pens each day.
- Treat teachers, students, and materials with respect at all times. NO TALKING WHILE TEACHER IS TEACHING, (UNLESS DIRECTED).
4.Always behave in a way that allows everyone to learn.
- Listen and follow directions the first time given.
6th Grade Common Discipline Plan 2019-2020
Student misconduct will be addressed in this sequence:
- Warning, seating change and/or counsel student
- Complete five minute Behavior Refocus Form (in hallway/back of room) and last to leave class
- Class Suspension with Partner Teacherand/or Behavior Courtesy Contract
- Office Class Suspension or Counselor Referral
- Office Referral on Infinite Campus (parent contact required, discipline point)
**Severe misconduct may result in an immediate Office Referral
(This is the only time parent contact is not required before sending them to the office/counselor).
Misbehavior with Substitute
Students who misbehave for a substitute will automatically be assigned a “Substitute Teacher Courtesy Contract” by the classroom teacher - to be completed, signed by the parent, and returned the following school day.
**Failure to return the completed form by the second day will result in an Office Referral.
Additional Corrective Actions
- A verbal warning will be given before any disciplinary action will be taken unless infringement upon other’s safety or right to learn is too severe.
- A student's Corrective Actions directly influence the students’ Citizenship and Work Habits grades.
- If a student chooses to break rules or chooses not to do class work or independent work, break detention, lunch detention, loss of school day reward activities / assemblies, work time before school or after school may be additional corrective actions.