This year in SIXTH GRADE we will be learning about Ancient History, including: Early Humans, Mesopotamia, Egypt, China, India, Greece, and Rome as well as the origins of various religions and beliefs and their impact on the growth of civilizations.
****SS Daily Agenda and HW****
GRADING PERCENTAGE BREAK DOWN
* Homework will not count toward the class grade, but will be provided as a means of seeing student progress.
* Classwork will count towards 20% of student's overall academic grade. This includes notebook and vocabulary work that is reviewed and discussed in class. Only students who have an 85% or higher in this category will be allowed to complete extra credit assignments. This will also be the basis for the student's work habits grade.
* Formative quizzes (vocabulary quizzes, lesson quizzes, geography quizzes) will count towards 20% of student's overall grade.
* Projects/Prompts will count towards 20% of student's overall academic grade. These will be used to apply student's understanding of current material and will usually be completed at home with some class time given for working.
* Summative assessments (unit tests) will count towards 25% of student's overall grade. These assignments show overall learning. Some assessments will be online and multiple choice, but some will be paper and pencil.
* Semester Final (covering all the units from first semester) will count towards 15% of student's overall grade. There will be a study guide provided for this test.
* Online grades will be updated every other week (if not sooner), and are accessible 24/7. See Grading link under General Info for more instructions.
ELA grading scale is as follows:
A+ . 100%
A . 93.0-99.9%
B+ . 87.0-89.9%
B . 83.0-86.9%
C+ . 77.0-79.9%
C . 73.0-76.9%
D+ . 67.0-69.9%
D . 63.0-66.9%
F . 59.9% and below