Electronic Device & Use Policy
Students understand that the use of electronic devices during class is a privilege, and agree to abide by the conditions for use below, and that violating any of these conditions will result in cancelling this contract and the privilege. Contract will be signed in class.
Electronic Device Policy & Use Agreement
"California Education Code 51512. The Legislature finds that the use by any person, including the pupil, of any electronic listening or recording device in any classroom of the elementary and secondary schools without the prior consent of the teacher and the principal of the school given to promote an educational purpose disrupts and impairs the teaching process and discipline in the elementary and secondary schools, and such use is prohibited. Any person, other than a pupil, who willfully violates this section, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor. Any pupil violating this section shall be subject to appropriate disciplinary action."
- Students MUST ALWAYS have the teacher's permission to use ANY electronic device
- Electronic device CANNOT interfere with classroom instruction
- Device can be used ONLY for instructional purposes (reading, defining a word, research, e.g.)
- NO texting, emailing, chatting, or sharing device or headphones
- NO showing device/screen to other students
- Device CANNOT be used for cheating
- Device screen MUST be visible to the teacher (i.e. laid on desk.) when in use
- NO inappropriate pictures (drugs, alcohol, gang related, sexually suggestive)
- NO recording, publishing, posting notes, pictures or videos of ANY kind under ANY circumstances
- NO sound should be heard from device at any time
- Electronic devices may NOT be used outside of the classroom (being caught out of backpacks outside at school may result in phone being confiscated and returned at the end of the day for the first offense, then parents will be required to pick up from the front office for any further offenses. Phones are to be POWERED OFF upon entering campus).
- Headphones may NOT be worn on upper torso, neck, or head, even when not in use
- School devices should be treated with care and with the above usages in mind.