Students understand that the use of electronic devices during class is a privilege, and agree to abide by the conditions for use below, and that violating any of these conditions will result in canceling this contract and this privilege.
Electronic Device and Use Agreement
" California Education Code 51512. The Legislature finds that the use by any person, including the pupil, of any electronic listening or recording device in any classroom of the elementary and secondary schools without the prior consent of the teacher and of the principal of the school given to promote an educational purpose, disrupts and impairs the teaching process and discipline in the elementary and secondary schoolsl, and such use is prohibited. Any person, other than a pupil who willfully violates this section, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor. Any pupil violating this section shall be subject to appropriate disciplinary action."
- Electronic devices CANNOT interfere with classroom instruction
- Device can be used ONLY for functional purposes (reading, defining a word, research..)
- NO texting, emailing, chatting, sharing device or headphones
- NO showing device or screen to others
- Device CANNOT be used for cheating
- Device screen MUST be visible to teacher (ex: laid flat on dest) when in use
- NO inappropriate words or pictures (drugs, alcohol, gang-related, racist, bullying, sexually suggestive)
- NO sound should be heard from device at any time
- Electronic devices should NOT be used at any time outside the classroom
- Headphones may NOT be worn on upper torso, neck, head, even when not in use
- School devices should be treated with care and with the above usage in mind.
- Destruction of any school device or property will be the student's responsibility to replace