BYOD is "Bring Your Own Device," a strategy used throughout the nation, allowing students to bring a device used at home with them to school. TVUSD schools are allowing students to use their own laptops, iPads, and cell phones in the classroom.
- Signed BYOD Waiver form must be on file with classroom teacher (see teacher for form)
- Electronic device CANNOT interfere with classroom instruction
- Device can be used ONLY for instructional purposes (e.g., reading, defining a word, research, review games)
- NO texting, emailing, chatting, or sharing device or headphones
- NO showing device/screen to other students
- Device screen MUST be visible to the teacher (i.e. laid on desk.) when in use
- NO recording, publishing, posting notes, pictures or videos of ANY kind under ANY circumstances
- NO sound should be heard from device at any time
- Electronic devices may NOT be used outside of the classroom (GMS Policy)
- Headphones may NOT be worn on upper torso, neck, or head, even when not in use
- School devices should be treated with care and with the above usages in mind.