Proposed Middle and High School History/Social Science Instructional Materials
TVUSD middle and high school classrooms have been piloting state-approved history/social science instructional materials throughout the course of this school year.
Middle school programs piloted in all classes during the 2018-2019 school year:
- Pearson My World Interactive from August 15 to October 12
- McGraw Hill Impact from October 15 to December 21
- TCI History Alive! from January 8 to March 8
High school programs piloted in all World History, US History, Government, & Economics courses during the 2018-2019 school year:
- Pearson World History, Pearson US History, Pearson Government, Pearson Economics from August 15 to October 12
- McGraw Hill World History, McGraw Hill US History, McGraw Hill, Government, McGraw Hill Economics from January 8 to March 8
Feedback Gathering and Adoption Timeline:
- Teacher PLC Team Surveys
- Parent Surveys
Wednesday, March 6 to Thursday, March 14 - Middle and High School
- History/Social Science Steering Committee Adoption Recommendation Workshop
Friday, March 15
- Secondary Curriculum Council Adoption Recommendation Meeting
Thursday, March 21
- Public Viewing of Recommended Materials for Adoption
Friday, March 15 to Tuesday, April 9
- Governing Board Decision of Recommended Materials for Adoption
Tuesday, April 9
More information about the mandate regarding new state-approved history/social science instructional materials can be reviewed by clicking on the following links.
Parent Survey Links
Parent input is a critical element in assisting us with evaluating the proposed programs. In order to inform the pilot team's adoption recommendation to our governing board, we have created a short survey. We encourage you to complete the survey with your student. Thank you in advance for this valuable feedback.
We will compile all survey feedback on Thursday, March 14 at 2:00 pm. You can gain digital access to the materials from each of the piloted programs by using your student's account credentials. If you experience difficulty achieving access please contact Tammie Mayer at firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Middle School Survey
High School Survey