FROM ELEMENTARY STUDENT TO STUDLY MIDDLE SCHOOLER
Sometimes growing up is difficult,
but here are some steps to help you be a successful middle school student:
Do not get up out of your seat to ask the teacher a question.
Think before you speak or ask a question. Do you already know the answer? Can you figure it out yourself?
- “Ask three (students) before you ask me (Mrs. Paden).” Can your peers help you figure out the answer?
- Raise your hand and wait patiently for Mrs. Paden to call on you.
- Wait 10 seconds with your hand up, and if Mrs. Paden doesn’t see you...then you may walk up
There are some appropriate times to get out of you seat (in Mrs. Paden's class) as long as you can do so without being a distraction…
- To sharpen your pencil
- To get books, supplies, or do jobs
- To go to the bathroom (make sure hold up a bathroom pass or 10 tickets to let the teacher know you need to leave)
- To get some tissue