United States History
Course Objectives: Students will be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following areas by the end of the course.
- Analyze historical evidence and sources.
- Interpretation of primary and secondary sources using historical context, point of view, author, intended audience and main idea.
- Create and support an argument that can be supported by historical evidence.
- Properly integrate a document into a historical essay.
- Make historical connections.
- Utilize the skills of comparison, contextualization and periodization.
- Use historical events to explain a current event. (Synthesis)
- Develop chronological reasoning.
- Utilize historical causation and continuity/change over time.