What is your current math course?
|Coming From:||THEN||Your Freshman Course is|
|Math 8||-->||Algebra 1|
|Accelerated Math 8||-->||Geometry|
|Compacted Math 8||-->||Algebra 2 or 2+|
|Concepts Math||-->||Your IEP for the Team's Decision|
All students have the opportunity to move fluidly through their individualized math pathway that allows access to challenging course level content, high-quality mathematics instruction, and supports student interests inclusive of necessary supports to promote mathematical development.
- Algebra 1, Geometry and Algebra 2 or equivalent are requirements to graduate from High School and for entrance to university.
- *Statistics and Data Science I and II are pending board approval as of 2/21/2023.
- *AP Precalculus is pending board approval as of 2/21/2023.
- Calculus D is a one-semester course paired with Linear Algebra OR Differential Equations, which are offered in alternating years.
- Students often take Calculus D and IB Math HL at the same time in their senior year.
All Special Education course placement is determined by the annual IEP team and is for students in the Special Education program only.
Click on the course in which you are interested.
Since the teacher is the key to the quality of the education that a student receives, we math teachers at GOHS are committed to continually improving our instruction. Central to that commitment is our spirit and practice of collaboration. The Mathpack at GOHS meets weekly to share and create more effective ways to teach mathematics. We do this by setting goals, giving common assessments, and designing lessons.
While we are a very collaborative bunch, our intent is not to be instructional robots. While we have agreed upon some common standards and practices, the Mathpack offers a wide variety of teaching styles and embraces our instructional diversity. We believe that our diversity and the fact that we agree to disagree make for a powerful and effective collaborative process.
Rather than sharing the same style, we choose to share the same instructional philosophy described below.
- Gregory Alix
- Jeff Aynesworth
- Maria Castillo
- Sarah Cisneros
- Michele Clabaugh
- Mike Cornelius
- Shane Fisher
- Robert Fitzpatrick
- Anthony King
- Amanda Lira
- David Little
- Leslie Marshall
- Shannon Maurice
- Steve Maxey
- Shaun McBride
- Eric Morton
- Reuben Villar
Check Grades - IC