Step 2: Contact the school district in which you reside to obtain an approved Interdistrict Transfer Request Form (also know as an "Attendance Permit" or "Release") out of their district. This applies even if your child has never attended there before, as it is based on residence address and not enrollment.
If you live in the Murrieta District (to check, click on their map, here), you may access their Interdistrict Transfer Request Form online on their transfers webs page: https://www.murrieta.k12.ca.us/site/default.aspx?PageID=213. For all other districts, please contact their district offices to obtain the approved form.
Step 3: Most districts will send their approved Interdistrict Transfer Request Form directly to us. If your district does not, please email the form (from Step 2) in PDF format AND signed by your district of residence to firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW students to the Temecula district, who are not currently enrolled with us, must also attach:
1) Copy of most recent attendance report (1st through 12th grades)
2) Copy of most recent discipline report (1st through 12th grades)
3) Copy of most recent transcript/grade report (middle and high school only)
4) If applicable, copy of most recent, signed Individualized Education Program (IEP) or 504 Plan (all grades)
Step 4: Wait to hear back from us. Transfer requests are subject to space availability. Unfortunately, we will only be able to approve your transfer request if there is sufficient space for new and/or returning transfer students at one of our schools in the grade and/or program requested. If approved, we will attempt to honor your requested school; however, we reserve the right to place students at any of our schools within the district.
Notifications will be sent via email:
- For requests received up until 15 days before the start of a school year: As soon as possible and no later than 14 days after the beginning of instruction
- For requests received 15 days before the start of a school year and after: As soon as possible and no later than 30 days after receipt of the transfer request
If your child is NOT currently enrolled in our district, he or she must attend your district of residence until you hear back from us. DO NOT disenroll your child from his or her current school in another district, unless you receive an approval from us to attend one of our schools.
For questions regarding transfers that are NOT answered on our web pages or in the FAQ, or if you need to make a change or cancel a transfer request, please email email@example.com