Step 2: Contact your district of residence to obtain an approved Interdistrict Transfer Request Form (also known as "Attendance Permit" or "Release") out of their district
This applies even if your child has never attended there before
- If you live in the Murrieta district (to check, click on their school locator map, here) :
You may access their Interdistrict Transfer form online on their website, here. Please submit Murrieta district forms in PDF format, and with your hand-written signature, to email@example.com
- For all other districts :
Please start at their website and contact them to obtain an approved Interdistrict Transfer form. Most other districts will send their approved forms directly to us. You may also submit their approved and signed form in PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 3: (NEW STUDENTS ONLY) Submit additional documents
NEW students, who are all students not currently enrolled in TVUSD, must also submit the following via email to email@example.com :
1) Copy of most recent attendance report (1st through 12th grades)
2) Copy of most recent discipline report (1st through 12th grades)
3) Copy of most recent unofficial transcript or grade report (middle and high school only)
4) If applicable, copy of most recent, signed Individualized Education Program (IEP) or 504 Plan (all grades)
*Note: Please be sure to let your most recent school know that these copies are for a transfer request and NOT enrollment
Step 4: Wait to hear back from us
Transfer requests are subject to space availability at our schools in the grade and/or program requested.
If approved, we will attempt to honor your requested school. However, we reserve the right to place students at any of our schools within the district.
Notifications will be sent via email:
- For requests received up until 15 days before the start of a school year: As soon as possible and no later than 14 days after the beginning of instruction
- For requests received 15 days before the start of a school year and after: As soon as possible and no later than 30 days after receipt of the transfer request
If your child is NOT currently enrolled in our district, he or she must attend your district of residence until you hear back from us. DO NOT disenroll your child from his or her current school in another district, unless you receive an approval from us to attend one of our schools.