To Attend / Continue Attending TVUSD - with Residence in a Different District


    Interdistrict Transfers - IN


    Priority window for the 2021-22 school year:  January 11, 2021 to March 12, 2021


    Click here for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) 



    ♦ These transfers must be approved by both your district of residence AND the Temecula district

    ♦ Approved students are bound by the Interdistrict Attendance Policy, which can be viewed here 

    ♦ Transfers are not guaranteed and may be denied or rescinded at any time, due to unsatisfactory attendance, citizenship or scholarship.  In addition, students who move out of the TVUSD boundary may be denied due to schools or programs being at or near capacity.  

    ♦ Only letter grades of A+ through C- earned at one of our schools will qualify for credit for graduation  

    ♦ These transfers must be renewed every year up until, and including, the 10th grade (11th and 12th graders who complete the prior year ending on June 30th on an Interdistrict Transfer to TVUSD are no longer required to submit renewals)

    The Temecula District does not prescribe to the Allen Bill, based on a parent's work location


    SUBMIT ONLY IF YOU WILL CONTINUE TO LIVE IN ANOTHER DISTRICT (for example, Hemet or Fallbrook) and wish to attend the Temecula District 

    If you are MOVING to the Temecula District, and will live in TVUSD at the time of enrollment, you DO NOT need a transfer - please follow the New Student Enrollment process here instead

Steps to Follow:



    Step 1:   Fill out the online portion to attend TVUSD for the corresponding school year below. 

    [If you wish to continue to attend TVUSD with residence in a different district, you will need to submit a complete transfer request (Steps 1 through 4) for the following school years as well until, and including, 10th grade.  These are available during the second week of January before the start of the new school year.]


     For the 2020/21 (current) school year, click here 

     • For the 2021/22 (next) school year, click here  (available beginning January 11, 2021)


    Step 2:   Contact the school district in which you reside to obtain an approved Interdistrict Transfer Request Form (also know as an "Attendance Permit" or "Release") out of their district.   This applies even if your child has never attended there before, since it is based on residence address and not enrollment. 

    If you live in the Murrieta District  (to check, click on their school locator map, here),  you may access their Interdistrict Transfer Request Form online on their transfers webs page:   For all other districts, please contact their district offices to obtain the approved form.


    Step 3:   Most districts will send their approved Interdistrict Transfer Request Form directly to us.  If your district does not, please email the form (from Step 2) in PDF format AND signed by your district of residence to    DO NOT DROP OFF, as it may get lost.

    NEW students to the Temecula district, who are not currently enrolled with us, must also submit via email:  

    1) Copy of most recent attendance report  (1st through 12th grades)

    2) Copy of most recent discipline report  (1st through 12th grades)

    3) Copy of most recent transcript/grade report  (middle and high school only)

    4) If applicable, copy of most recent, signed Individualized Education Program (IEP) or 504 Plan  (all grades)


    Step 4:   Wait to hear back from us.  Transfer requests are subject to space availability, and we will only be able to approve your request if there is sufficient space for new and/or returning transfer students at one of our schools in the grade and/or program requested. 

    If approved, we will attempt to honor your requested school; however, we reserve the right to place students at any of our schools within the district. 

    Notifications will be sent via email:

    - For requests received up until 15 days before the start of a school year:  As soon as possible and no later than 14 days after the beginning of instruction

    - For requests received 15 days before the start of a school year and after:  As soon as possible and no later than 30 days after receipt of the transfer request 


    If your child is NOT currently enrolled in our district, he or she must attend your district of residence until you hear back from us. DO NOT disenroll your child from his or her current school in another district, unless you receive an approval from us to attend one of our schools.




    For questions regarding transfers that are NOT answered on our web pages or in the FAQ, or if you need to make a change or cancel a transfer request, please email