Off Campus PE Middle School and High School
A request for independent study in physical education allows the student advanced study in activities not normally received in the on-site physical education program. The following competitive sports have been approved by the District for the Off-Campus Independent Study – Physical Education Program:
- Dance (see requirements below)
- Ice Skating
Independent physical education must be a significantly different program that involves an activity in which the applicant has become competitive at a state, regional, or national level. A major factor in determining acceptance or rejection of this request will be the difference between a recreational and an established qualified competitive program. Board Policy prohibits team sports for Off-Campus Independent Study Physical Education.
In the case of dance, participants must be an auditioned member of a studio competition team or performance company, be in pursuance of a career in the dance performing arts, and supply the additional documentation:
- Student weekly studio dance schedule – print out from studio (must include class description time and duration, as well as teacher’s name and contact phone number).
- Copy of current Competition Team or Performance Company Contract (signed and dated).
- List of Competition Pieces and Choreographer names and contact phone numbers (minimum of three required annually – one must be a solo). Dance must have competed or regionally performed solo, in a major production, in prior sessions.
The nature of the activity must provide a training and weekly practice schedule with a minimum of 10 hours per week for middle school and 15 hours per week for high school that indicates that the applicant is a serious participant. Documentation of competition and/or performance at the Regional (Northern, Central, or Southern California), State, or National level must be submitted to the administrator or counselor. Examples of documentation may include:
- Videotape of performance
- Award/place/participation certificates
- Meet/event participant lists
- Newspaper listing stating participant’s name
If you have any questions regarding your student's packet, please contact Tristan Bettge at (951) 506-7921 or email@example.com
SPRING 2022 Submission of logs. Please email your student's activity logs at the end of the semester to their counselor.
2022/23 application will be available on April 4th.
1st Semester 2022-2023
- April 4- April 29, 2022 Distribution of forms
- May 13, 2022 Application return deadline*
- May 31, 2022 Notification of approval or denial
- June 7, 2022 Appeals deadline
- June 17, 2022 Notification of decision
- July 25, 2022 NEW student application deadline* (new to school district only - no appeals)
2nd Semester 2022-2023
- September 19-30, 2022 Distribution of forms
- October 14, 2022 Application return deadline*
- November 14, 2022 Notification of approval or denial
- November 28, 2022 Appeals deadline
- December 12, 2022 Notification of decision
*due to class scheduling difficulties no late applications will be accepted.
this schedule can also be found in the OCIS PE packet on page 5
At this time, we are not accepting applications for Fall 2022/23 applications.
We are requesting all new applications for Fall 2022/23 be submitted electronically. Listed below are the options to accomplish this:
- You can fill out the fillable PDF forms and then email your coach the forms after you fill out your portion. You will need to have the coach email you copies of the required documentation along with the forms they have filled out. Here are the fillable PDF forms: Off-Campus Independent Study PE Application (fill-in)* When the application is complete, you will email Tristan Bettge firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the complete packet as well as the coaches' required documentation.
- You have the option to print out the form and fill in the application. Here are the printable forms: Off-Campus Independent Study PE Application (print only). You will need to fill out the students/parent portion of the forms. When completed, you will need to reach out to the coach to fill out their portion of the application. You will be required to email the application and coach's required documentation to Tristan Bettge email@example.com
*Please note if you use the fillable form, be sure to download the form, save the document, and then fill it out in the open file. Otherwise, you will fill it out online and when you save it, you will lose all the information.
If you need to drop the application, please deliver it to Building 11 at the District Office attention: Tristan Bettge.
If you have any questions, please contact Tristan Bettge firstname.lastname@example.org