English Department Pathways
|Option 1:||English 9||English 10||English 11||Expository Reading and Writing Course|
|Option 2:||English 9||English 10||AP English Language||AP English Literature|
|Option 3:||English 9||English 10||IB English HL 1||IB English HL 2|
|Option 4:||English 9||AP English Language||IB English HL 1||IB English HL 2|
|Special Education Option:||English 9 Concepts||English 10 Concepts||English 11 Concepts||Expository Reading and Writing Course - Concepts|
|Asynchronous option||Expository Reading and Writing Course|
- All students in English 9 and English 10 will receive instruction using the Pre-AP College Board curriculum.
- Any student who enrolls in AP English Language in 10th grade and desires a weighted course in their junior and senior year will matriculate to the two-year IB English Course.
- Any student in English 10 will have two different advanced pathway options, depending on their preference for assessment type:
- The AP exam consists of three essays in 2 hours and 15 minutes, in addition to 45 multiple-choice questions in 60 minutes, taking place on one exam day in May.
- IB exams consist of two process assessments (one oral presentation junior year and one written-process essay senior year), in addition to two 2 hour essays taking place over two days in May.
- Any student who enrolls in any level of English Concepts must do so through the IEP process and with the consent of the IEP team.
Click on the course in which you are interested.
- Mrs. Aaker
- Mrs. Balka
- Mrs. Casady
- Mrs. Ebel
- Mr. Henderson
- Mr. Horton
- Mrs. Neff-Wold
- Ms. Petrucci
- Ms. Quintana
- Mrs. Scharf
- Mrs. Schenck
- Mr. Strosnider
- Mrs. Strosnider
- Mr. Varzeas
- Mr. Williams
- Ms. Woelke
- Ms. Young
Check Grades - IC
English Content Standards