Hot Day Guidelines
During periods of excessive heat, weather conditions are checked regularly. Temperature, heat Index, humidity, and breeze factor are evaluated prior to each class. When heat index is above 90 degrees, activities are modified.
Examples of modifications may be
- Reduced duration of activity
- Additional break/rest time
- Lower running/jogging expectations (fewer laps, or shorter time)
- Non-running activities (ex. playing catch)
- Outdoor activities may be moved to a different location (grass, shade)
When heat index is above 100, activities are limited to indoor only, or cancelled.
Students are always reminded to self monitor and take water breaks when needed.
For more information, please see the district policy at the link below.