Rules and Procedures
- Students must come to class on-time and prepared every day.
- Students must be respectful to others at all times.
- Students must participate in all activities.
- Students must use the equipment the way it is intended to be used.
- Students must pay attention and follow directions.
- No horseplay will be allowed.
Uniforms and Dress for P.E.
- Students are expected to be prepared to dress for P.E. every day regardless of weather conditions.
- Students must wear BVMS clothes.
- Uniform must be cleaned weekly and must not be torn.
- Do not modify or alter your uniforms in any way.
- Remove all jewelry.
- Names must be neatly written in the space on the uniform.
- Sweats are optional in cool weather, but must not have pockets, hoods, buttons, or zippers.
- Baseball type hats may be worn for sun protection.
Loaners- Students may borrow loaner clothes if necessary, but they need to check them out at the beginning of the dressing period. They will be required to run a "loaner-lap" to discourage the use of loaners. Excessive use of loaners may result in loss of daily points and/or an alternate activity may be assigned.
Absences and Make-Up Procedure
For each day you are absent, you must complete 30 minutes of aerobic-type activity. Please complete a PE Absence Make-up Sheet and turn in within one week of your return to school. In addition, if your absence is on a "Fitness day" or "Run Day" you may be asked to complete some additional make-up activities upon your return to school.
Students may be excused from P.E. with a parent note for a maximum of 2 days. Illness or injury longer than 2 days will require a doctor's note. All assessments administered while a student is on medical P.E. must be made-up when they return. For medical conditions lasting longer than 3 weeks, a course grade of Pass/Fail may be given.