Degrees and Certifications:
Classroom Must Do's
- Place backpacks, bags etc. (EXCEPT your Spanish notebook and tools) in the front of the room.
- Cell Phones must be stowed in the "off"position, in your backpack
- Pay attention, ask thoughtful questions and follow directions.
- Speak Spanish whenever possible
- Copy/complete the diario (daily warm up) within 15 minutes of entering class unless otherwise stated.
- Practice courtesy at all times.
- No eating in class.
- Treat school property, personnel and fellow students with respect
- Refrain from talking during the announcements (2nd and 4th period)
FYI: The last thing I want to do is "discipline" anyone, so please make sure that your behavior is above reproach. This will help us to avoid negative interaction. Should a problem arise, please feel free to discuss WHATEVER concerns you have with me either after class, at lunch, or after school. I will listen and do take your concerns(and suggestions) very seriously!
- All of your materials for this class must be HOLE-PUNCHED and thus attached to a 3-Ring binder.
- All documents must be arranged in chronological order by date!*The date must be clearly written on every document!**The date will also be the assignment number.
- Your notebook may be randomly checked at any time for:meeting the above criteria and accuracy/integrity of self scoring
- Notebook checks are PASS/FAIL (10/1 points) and can not be made-up.
NO ZERO POLICY
- If you are carrying any "O"s on your grade for assignments, it is your obligation to come in at LUNCH to make up the assignments for at least half-credit.
- If the assignment takes you more than a lunch period to complete, then you must continue to show up to work on the assignment until it is finished.
- Disciplinary action may be taken if you do not comply with this policy.
- This policy is subject to change if abused.
- I will not seek you out to make sure you are fulfilling your obligation. All O's remain in effect until the assignment is completed or the grading period ends, which ever comes first. DO NOT wait till the lastt minute to make up assignments!
Please check Infinite Campus to see what (if anything) you are missing
- You may NOT take a "0" or "F" on any quiz. Mastery is the goal.
- You must come in for reteaching and retake the quiz until a mastery score has been earned; or you have made 3 attempts. This includes all quizzes.
- This policy is in place to make sure that you get ample opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge of the material, AND so that you have a greater chance of earning a passing, if not excellent, grade in the class.
- Mastery requirements range from a score of 85% to 100%-- "Passing" is 70%, but does not earn the distinction of "mastery of concept/ information."
So here is how it works:
Mastery 1st attempt: You keep your score; it gets entered into your grade; comments reflect "mastered 1st attempt Mastery NOT achieved on first attempt: Your score is entered into the gradebook; you come in during lunch for reteaching; and you take the quiz. New scores will replace previous ones, assuming they are higher.
Mastery acheived 2nd attempt: The new score is entered in the grade book (assuming it is higher then the first) Comments reflect "mastery achieved 2nd attempt, as well as showing your previous score.
- Mastery NOT achieved on second attempt; Which ever attempt is higher is recorded in the grade book. Other score is recorded in comments. You come in during lunch for reteaching; and you RETAKE the quiz again
Mastery acheived 3rd attempt: Same as 2nd attempt
- Mastery NOT achieved third attempt: Highest of 3 scores is recorded, along with a comment of "mastery not achieved."
FAILURE IS NOT OPTION!!!
This policy is subject to change without notice if abused or disputed.
In order to pass the class with a 70%(C-), you must earn an overll score of 70% or better in all categories.
All assignments are listed on Infinite Campus. Some assignment descriptions are available there as well, but feel free to ask for clarification. Grades are updated frequently.
All of your materials for this class must be HOLE-PUNCHED and thus attached to a 3-Ring binder.
All documents must be arranged in chronological order by date!*
The date must be clearly written on every document!*
*The date will also be the assignment number.
Your notebook may be randomly checked at any time for:
1. Meeting the above criteria
2. Accuracy/integrity of self scoring
Notebook checks are PASS/FAIL (10/1 points) and can not be made-up.