Chapter Test Retakes
All retakes must be completed by
First Semester: Friday, December 8th, 2023
Second Semester: Friday, May 17th, 2024
Step 1: Print and read the following: Request to Retest Form
Step 2: At break, come in and ask to see your chapter test
(after we have gone over it as a class).
Step 3: Find your Chapter Test Review sheet
(this should have been done and turned in before the test).
Step 4: Print and complete the chapter reteaching pages you are planning to retake below (be sure to print all the pages from the correct class and correct chapter). Study and complete the reteaching pages, showing all work. I suggest you start with the even problems.
Chapter 4 - Functions Reteaching Pages - There is no chapter test for Chapter 4. Use the pages to help study for the final.
Chapter 7 - Exponents Reteaching Pages (Lessons 7.1-7.4) - There will not much time for retakes, so hurry!
Chapter 9 - Scatter Plots and Data Analysis Reteaching Pages (including 3.7 and 3.8 on Systems)
Chapter 9 - Quadratic Functions and Equations Reteaching Pages - There will not much time for retakes, so hurry!
Chapter 7 - Congruence and Similarity Reteaching Pages - There is no chapter test for Chapter 7. Use the pages to help study for the final.
Step 5: Check your answers in RED PEN.
Chapter 1 - Reteaching Pages Solutions Chapter 2 - Reteaching Pages Solutions Chapter 3 - Reteaching Pages Solutions Chapter 4 - Reteaching Pages Solutions
Chapter 9 - Scatter Plots and Data Analysis Reteaching Pages (including 3.7 and 3.8 on Systems) Chapter 5 - Triangles and the Pythagorean Theorem Reteaching Pages Chapter 6 - Transformations Reteaching Pages Chapter 8 - Volume and Surface Area Reteaching Pages - There will likely not be time for retakes! Chapter 7 - Congruence and Similarity Reteaching Pages - There is no chapter test for Chapter 7. Use the pages to help study for the final.
Step 6: Discuss with your parents/guardians.
Step 7: Watch videos and redo problems.
Step 8: Study!
Step 9: Organize your work.
Step 10: At break, get a pass to retake your chapter test.
When can I take a chapter retake?
Once you have completed the requirements on the Request to Retest, see me at break and we will schedule a time during 7th period. Sorry, I do not do re-takes or corrections before or after school.
Can I retake a retake?
No, not at this time. If you choose to re-take a test you get one chance.
Can I use my chapter test on the retake?
You may come in during break and see your original test anytime. You will need to study and use just your brain like you did on the original test. You cannot use the original test on the retake.
Can I re-take a quiz?
No, sorry. Quizzes are worth much less than a test and there are no corrections or retakes. If your chapter test score is higher than your quiz score, I will change your quiz score to be the same as your test score.
Can I re-take district performance task or semester final?
No, sorry. District assessments do not have retakes. The district performance task is worth 2.5% of your overall grade and the semester final is worth 2.5% of your overall grade. District assessments total 5% of your overall grade.
Can I raise my old test grade to 100%?
No, but you can raise your chapter test grade up to an 93% or A-.
How do I figure out my quiz or test grade?
All of your grades are given as points scored over points possible.
15 <-- how many points you scored
20 <-- how many points possible
Divide your score by the points possible. This is easiest on a calculator.
Push the following keys on the calculator in this order...
15 ÷ 20 = this will give you 0.75 ... or 75%
94-100% = A
90-93% = A-
87-89% = B+
84-86% = B
80-83% = B-
77-79% = C+
74-76% = C
70-73% = C-
67-69% = D+
64-66% = D
60-63% = D-
59% and below = F
Why is this so much work? Are there retakes in high school and college?
I want you to know the material and be ready for future math classes. This is a fair way to better your grade in the class. There are no retakes in real life. High school will very likely have few chances for retakes and there will be likely no retakes in college. Use this year to figure out how you study best so you can be successful in high school.