Accelerated 8 Information
In Class Daily:
- 3 ring binder (at least 1 inches) dedicated to math only - label with Full Name, Period and Accelerated 8
- A second 3 ring binder (at least 1 inches) dedicated to math only, stored at home, to replace 1st semester’s binder and hold old work.
- 1 set of 8 dividers for binder (8 total dividers - we will label these and no pocket folder dividers - you may want a second set for second semester)
- Supply of loose leaf 8.5 x 11 graph paper (quadrille paper)
- Supply of loose leaf 8.5 x 11 lined paper (in case you run out of graph paper)
- Red pens (for correcting)
- Clear protractor or small ruler
- Simple, inexpensive scientific calculator marked with your name (it needs to have √ and a +/- sign) - you will not be allowed to use your cell phone calculator in class
- Sharpened pencils with erasers (or mechanical pencils with extra lead and erasers)
- Headphones or earbuds
- Colored pencils (for note taking)
- Highlighter (for highlighting your solutions and studying your notes)
- Face mask (breathable covering for your nose and mouth)
- A chapter book or silent reading book
- ... and most importantly, a positive attitude!
- Three hole punch (to keep your papers organized in your binder)
- Additional loose leaf 8.5 x 11 graph paper and loose leaf 8.5 x 11 lined paper
- Additional pencils and red pens
Want a link to an easy Amazon Shopping List?
Need a list that will shop for you at Target, Walmart, Office Depot or Staples?
(These are not as perfect since they are uploaded through Teacher Lists.)
Students are always welcome to come in at break for help. They may also come at break and ask for a 7th Period pass for more help that day. Students are welcome to come and go as they need to. Bring questions, work and problems!
Please also see the Accelerated 8 Video Tutorials.
Vocabulary Quizlet Sets:
Chapter 1 - Foundations for Algebra (Review) -
Chapter 2 - Solving Equations -
Chapter 3 - Solving Inequalities -
Chapter 4 - An Introduction to Functions -
Chapter 5 - Linear Functions -
Chapter 6 - Systems of Equations and Inequalities -
Chapter 7 - Exponents and Exponential Functions -
Chapter 8 - Polynomials and Factoring -
Chapter 9 - Quadratic Functions and Equations -
Math 8 - Angles -
Math 8 - Transversals -
Math 8 - Transformations -
Math 8 - Pythagorean Theorem -
Math 8 - Volume and Surface Area -
Math 8 - Data Analysis -