Math 8 Information
In Class Daily:
- 3 ring binder (at least 1 inches) dedicated to math only - label with Full Name, Period and Math 8
- A second 3 ring binder (at least 1 inches) dedicated to math only, stored at home, to replace 1st semester’s binder and hold old work.
- 1 set of 8 dividers for binder (8 total dividers - we will label these and no pocket folder dividers - you may want a second set for second semester)
- Supply of loose leaf 8.5 x 11 graph paper (quadrille paper)
- Supply of loose leaf 8.5 x 11 lined paper (in case you run out of graph paper)
- Red pens (for correcting)
- Clear protractor or small ruler
- Simple, inexpensive scientific calculator marked with your name (it needs to have √ and a +/- sign) - you will not be allowed to use your cell phone calculator in class
- Sharpened pencils with erasers (or mechanical pencils with extra lead and erasers)
- Headphones or earbuds
- Colored pencils (for note taking)
- Highlighter (for highlighting your solutions and studying your notes)
- Face mask (breathable covering for your nose and mouth)
- A chapter book or silent reading book
- ... and most importantly, a positive attitude!
- Three hole punch (to keep your papers organized in your binder)
- Additional loose leaf 8.5 x 11 graph paper and loose leaf 8.5 x 11 lined paper
- Additional pencils and red pens
Want a link to an easy Amazon Shopping List?
Need a list that will shop for you at Target, Walmart, Office Depot or Staples?
(These are not as perfect since they are uploaded through Teacher Lists.)
Textbook and Workbook:
McGraw Hill Glencoe, Math 8 California Math Common Core Edition, 2015
(There is no textbook for Math 8. The workbook pages are your textbook, notes and homework pages.)
Log in to MHEducation:
Use your Clever account
Students are always welcome to come in at break for help. They may also come at break and ask for a 7th Period pass for more help that day. Students are welcome to come and go as they need to. Bring questions, work and problems!
Please also see the Math 8 Video Tutorials.
Vocabulary Quizlet Sets:
Math 7 Review -
Chapter 1 - Real Numbers -
Chapter 2 - Equations in One Variable -
Chapter 3 - Equations in Two Variables -
Chapter 4 - Functions -
Chapter 5 - Triangles and the Pythagorean Theorem -
Chapter 6 - Transformations -
Chapter 7 - Congruence and Similarity -
Chapter 8 - Volume and Surface Area -
Chapter 9 - Scatter Plots and Data Analysis -