The Mission of the Safety & Security Department in TVUSD
At the heart of the TVUSD Schools, our Safety and Security Department is dedicated to safeguarding the educational environment. Our mission revolves around three primary areas of service: ensuring the protection of students, staff, and visitors; meticulous emergency preparedness and planning; and the preservation of the physical infrastructure.
We act as a vital link with law enforcement agencies, facilitating coordination and cooperation in matters of safety and security.
In service to our students, parents, employees, and the wider community, the Temecula Valley Unified School District Safety and Security department is committed to delivering protection for students, staff, and visitors; meticulous planning for emergencies; and the safeguarding of property and assets.
What We Do
Jason Vickery, Director of Safety & Security
- Direct District-wide Security operations
- Develop District emergency plans
- Develop and maintain security policies and procedures
- Develop and monitor the Security budget
- Liaison to community stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Administration on general security matters
- Coordinate with Administrators on security matters
- Develop and deliver security training
- Coordinate with outside agencies
Michelle Bowers, Clerk III Safety & Security
- Point of contact for non-emergency security information
- Coordinate and schedule appointments and meetings
- Assist with budget and accounting
TVUSD Safety Protocols
- Each site has a safety plan.
- All sites have established visitor protocols.
- All campuses have perimeter fencing.
- SROs (School Resource Officers) are assigned to each high school campus and support the middle and elementary schools when needed.
- Ongoing training and drills are provided.