Each student is responsible for between $280.00 to $370.00 worth of textbooks!
- ID cards are required for all textbook checkouts.
- Write your name, in pen, on the inside of the front cover of each of your textbooks.
- It is recommended that students write the TVUSD barcode number of each textbook inside of their GMS planner, or other safe place, in order to have their own record.
- Students are expected to return the same book, with the same barcode, that was issued to the individual at the beginning of the school year. Many times student’s turn in a textbook, but it is not the textbook that they checked out at the beginning of the year. The barcode number must match the one on the students’ library record, in order to clear his/her account at the end of the year.
- Books are to be used ONLY by the student to whom the books are issued. DO NOT loan your books to your friends! If your friend loses your book, YOU will be charged for it.
- Keep books clean, as there is a charge for any damages. If a book is damaged when you check it out, let the library staff know immediately. Do not put water or juice bottles in your backpack with books!
- Please do not tamper with or peel off barcodes. If one comes off, there is a $3.00 charge for replacement.
- DO NOT leave a textbook in a classroom. If the book ends up missing, the teacher is not responsible for its loss; YOU ARE!
- Keep books dry during the rainy season. If a book comes back wet, you will be charged a fine.
- Workbooks are consumable. They do not need to be returned at the end of the year.
- Write your name in your workbook immediately.
- If you lose your workbook you will be charged for the replacement copy (costs range from $3 - $15).