LIBRARY BOOK POLICY
ALWAYS BRING YOUR ID CARDS WITH YOU IF YOU ARE GOING TO CHECK OUT A BOOK!
No ID card, No books!
1. You must have no overdue books or fines.
2. You may check out 2 books at one time.
3. The check out period is two weeks.
4. The book may be renewed if there are no holds for that title.
5. If you lose or damage the book, a fine is applied.
6. If you check out a book and you notice that there is something wrong with it, bring it back to the library immediately and we will fix the book. Please do not attempt to repair!
The District Policy for lost, damaged, or overdue library books can be found by clicking on the following link: TVUSD Board Policy 6161.2
Please remember that the Library/Media Center is a place for reading, research, and study. It is not a place for socialization. Therefore:
1. No eating, drinking, or chewing gum is allowed.
2. Please work quietly; do not disturb others who are working.
3. Please speak softly.
4. A signed pass from your teacher will be needed, if you are using the library during class time.
5. Give your passes to a staff member and sign in.
LIBRARY DURING LUNCH TIME
The library is open during the lunches if there is not a class scheduled.
- Obtain a LIBRARY LUNCH PASS/CHIP from a campus supervisor, at your lunch time.
- Use the restroom BEFORE coming to the library.
- Enter the library quietly.
- Put your pass/chip in the basket.
- Have a seat and study, read or work quietly.
- If you come to the library during your lunchtime, you must stay the entire time.
ID cards are required for the following items:
- Checking out textbooks.
- Checking out library books.
- Using the computers on campus.
- Attending school dances and other activities.
Should you lose your ID card, the replacement cost is $5. Bring your money to the library and a new ID card will be printed, when time permits.
GMS LIBRARY CATALOG
The Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) is available for book searches on all computers at school or at home.
Follow these directions:
- Log onto the TVUSD Website
- Click on the "Student's" tab
- Click on "Library"
- Click on "Click here to access our school library catalogs"
- Under "Middle Schools", choose "Gardner Middle Schoo Library/Media Center", and click
- You have now located the GMS Destiny database Homepage, where you will find many additional, helpful links!
- Click on the "Catalog" tab
To conduct a basic search, type a keyword, title, author or subject in the "Find" bar and click on the corresponding icon/tile.
Use the, "Narrow your search to . . ." tool, in the box with that name, to narrow your search further. In this area, you may even search all of our TVUSD libraries for what you desire.
The Boolean search (where you can use AND, OR, NOT) is under the "Power Search" tab. Use "Power Search" for when maximum fine tuning is required.
Code of Conduct
The library/media center is a place for reading, research and study. It is expected that all library users follow these guidelines:
- BE RESPECTFUL of classmates, teachers, the library facility, and all materials and equipment.
- Food, drinks and gum are not allowed in the library.
- Students must be actively working on class work, homework, research, or reading while in the library.
- The privilege of using the library computers will be restricted if a student violates the TVUSD Student Use of Technology Administration Regulation (AR6163.4)