Phone: 951 - 695 - 7300 ext 3123
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor's of Science in Biology
Hello, My name is Ziba Mayar and I look forward to being your student's teacher for the 2018 - 19 school year. I have been teaching for 16 years and my philosophy to education is, all students are capable of being successful.
Students in my class will use and maintain interactive Science Notebooks. All notes, collaborative learning assignments, homework, and laboratory investigations will be organized and graded in this book. Students are required to bring their Science Notebooks daily. The notebooks provide the fundamental structure, consistency, and organization necessary to support the learning needs of all students.
My philosophy is aligned with my objective of supporting all students in learning. I will do this via the following methods:
1. Creating a safe and student-centered learning environment through the use of sound classroom management practices
2. Integrating and increasing literacy practices
3. Differentiating instruction to meet the learning needs of all students
4. Fostering critical thinking through inquiry-based instruction
5. Engaging students in academic discourse via effective and productive collaborataive learning opportunities
6. Developing "Reflective Learners" that take ownership of their learning
7. Providing responsive and effective intervention
8. Using assessments as a learning tool for both student and teacher
The Next Generation Science Standards will be used to drive instruction which will revolve around the following 5 principles: The Cell Theory, The Gene Theory, The Theory of Evolution, the Phenomenon of Homeostasis, and the Phenomenon of Thermodynamics.
I believe the relationship between my parents and me is one part of the key to my students' success. We are a team, so please don't ever hesitate to reach out. The more I know about your student, the better I will be in helping them learn. I look forward to a great year.