Phone: 951-699-8138 ext. 1311
Degrees and Certifications:
BS-Elementary Education, University of Wisconsin, Madison MA Ed. (Reading and Literacy), Cal State University, San Bernardino Social Science Single Subject Credential
Welcome to 6th & 7th Grade Social Studies. This year I begin my 35th year of teaching. I have taught everything from 2nd grade up through 8th grade, but that last 23 years have been focused primarily on 7th grade Social Studies.
This year in 7th Grade we will be learning about medieval world history. The standards for grade 7 cover the period between ancient and modern times, or the medieval world: life in medieval Europe and the Byzantine Empire; the history of Muslim empires and the rise of Islam; the cultures of West Africa; imperial China; medieval Japan; the Mayan, Inca, and Aztec civilizations; and Europe’s Renaissance, Reformation, Scientific Revolution, and Enlightenment. In 6th Grade we will be learning about the Ancient World. The standards for grade 6 cover the earliest humans, the development of tools, the foraging way of life, agriculture, and the emergence of civilizations in Mesopotamia, Egypt, ancient Israel, the Indus River valley, China, Mesoamerica, and the Mediterranean basin.
This website will be a vital resource for you and your child. Please take time to familarize yourself with its contents.
7th Grade Coming Soon
- All Missing assignments for Lesson 3-8 are due no later than Thurs., Oct. 17
- Lesson 7 Test corrections: due by Thurs., Oct. 17
- Unit 2 Geography Challenge #1-8: due Tues., Oct. 15
6th Grade Coming Soon
- Lesson 6 Reading Notes: due Tues., Oct. 15
- Lesson 6 Vocabualry: due Tues., Oct. 15
- Lesson 6 Test: Tues., Oct. 15
- Unit 2 Geography Challenge #1-8: due Thurs., Oct. 17
- Lesson 5 Test corrections: due by Fri., Oct. 18
LEARN A LOT.