Contact TVUSD District Quick Facts Required Notices Schools and Calendars
California State Standards Educational Technology Electives Graduation Requirements High School Course Catalogs High School Instructional Materials Independent Study PE Positive Prevention (STD / HIV Education) Summer School Student Testing TVUSD Math Course Pathways and Team School Accountability Report Cards
Annual Notification Packet Enrollment Family Engagement/Parent Meetings TV Council PTA Hot Weather Guidelines Resources & Links Pearson - Curriculum and Textbooks McGraw Hill Connect Ed Student Fees, Donations and Fundraising Transfers Understanding Educational Acronyms Volunteers
Program Directory Alternative Education AVID Before and After School Child Care (BASES) Career Technical Education Elementary Visual and Performing Arts English Learners Foster Youth Library PBIS Preschool Programs Safe & Drug, Alcohol, Tobacco Free Schools Single Plan For Student Achievement Transitional Kindergarten Title I Programs Wellness Program
Board of Education Board Policies Budget Updates Budget and Financial Reports CFD Financial Disclosure Reports (AB1666) Local Control Accountability Plan Measure Y
District Directory Accounting and Payroll Business Support Services Child Welfare & Attendance (CWA) Educational Support Services (ESS) Facilities Development Health Office Human Resources Development (HRD) Information Management Systems (IMS) Maintenance & Operations Nutrition Services Public Information Office Purchasing Risk Management Special Education Superintendent's Office Transportation
Current Openings EdJoin Substitutes
Resource Page for Employees


TVUSD Preschool Intake Office:
(951) 294-6811


TVUSD's Special Education Office:
(951) 506-7981

Preschool Services

Preschool Enrollment

2018-2019 Preschool Enrollment packet download


A Workshop and Discussion Group for Parents & Caregivers Of Children with Special Needs

2018-19 Schedule will be posted soon


Frequently Asked Questions

I think my preschooler needs speech therapy or other special educational services. What should I do?

The Temecula Valley Unified School District has an intake and assessment team which specializes in preschool-aged children. After an initial consultation appointment with you and your child, a assessment plan may be developed for your child in order to determine if he/she qualifies for special educational services (including speech therapy), according to state guidelines.


What kind of programs are available for my preschooler?

For children who qualify for special educational services (including speech therapy), Temecula Valley Unified School District currently operates a number of preschool programs. Our Special Day Classes currently operate at Helen Hunt Jackson Elementary School and Alamos Elementary School. Additionally, there are regional elementary school sites that have a speech therapy program for those preschoolers needing only speech therapy. After the appropriate assessment, placement in these specialized programs is determined by the Individualized Educational Program (IEP) team.  As a parent, you are a member of the IEP team that makes decisions regarding placement and services for your child. 


Who do I contact regarding a speech therapy or special educational assessment for my preschool-aged child?

Please contact Sandi McDowell at Jackson Elementary School at 294-6811, ext 0. 


We have just moved within your district’s boundaries and my child has a current IEP from another school district. Who do I contact regarding services and placement?

Please contact the district’s special education office.


My child already has a speech/language assessment completed by a private agency. They recommended speech therapy. What do I do?

The school district will still need to complete its own assessment in order to determine if your preschooler meets state eligibility guidelines for special education services/speech therapy in the public schools. Please contact the intake clerk at Jackson Elementary School. The information from the private agency, combined with information we obtain from you and the assessment of your child will all be used in determining eligibility. A copy of the assessment report from the private agency is a very helpful part of this process, if it is available to you from the assessing agency. 


How old does a child have to be to receive special educational/speech therapy services through this school district

The Temecula Valley Unified School District begins providing service to children at the age of three. If your child is younger than three and is receiving early intervention services through Inland Regional Center or RCOE Infant Circle, the process of transitioning services to the school district usually begins when the child is 2 years, 9 months of age. 


My child is not yet three years old. Who can I contact regarding assessments and special educational services?

Parents are encouraged to contact Riverside County Office of Education’s Infant Circle Program at (951) 826-7100 or Inland Regional Center at (909) 890-3000.


My child is actually kindergarten-aged, but I have opted to keep him/her in preschool or he/she attends kindergarten at a private school. I believe he/she needs special educational services or speech therapy. Who do I contact?

Please contact your home school (the school he/she would go to if attending public school kindergarten this year). That school’s assessment team will assist you in determining your child’s needs and eligibility for services.


Do I need to fill out any paperwork?

You will be asked to fill out and return some paperwork in order to make an initial appointment. Please contact the intake coordinator in order to determine which forms are appropriate for you and your child. Proof of school district residency will be required before the initial consultation meeting can be scheduled. If your child qualifies for special education/speech services, you will receive instructions on the registration process. Full registration (including proof of required immunizations) will be required before any sessions or classes can begin.