For Community Organizations and Non-School Sponsored Flyers
Our district cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below:
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Register as an Enrichment Provider (account type).
- Upload your non-profit letter.
- Upload your flyer for approval.
- All materials to be distributed shall bear the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity. All materials to be distributed must also include the following disclaimer: TEMECULA VALLEY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT NEITHER ENDORSES NOR SPONSORS THE ORGANIZATION OR ACTIVITY REPRESENTED IN THIS DOCUMENT.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review and approve/deny based on the standards below. As part of the flyer posting process, you will have the option to pay Peachjar a service fee to have your flyer emailed to all parents.
If you have additional questions, please contact Debra Nicolai at 951-676-2661 or email@example.com
Guidelines for Posting And Distributing Promotional And Informational Materials – E-Flyers
The District offers posting and distributing of promotional and informational materials through electronic distribution of flyers via an online flyer management system called “Peachjar”. Distribution of non commercial materials from non-profit organizations include: publication of services, special events, public meetings or other items of interest to students or parents/guardians.
Guidelines are set by the district to ensure that all individuals and groups receive equal consideration in the determination of access to school posting capabilities. Basic to this consideration is an obligation on the part of the district to review the following:
- Determine whether a group or individual requesting use of school posting capabilities to post flyers is a qualified nonprofit organization in good standing with the California Secretary of State and/or Internal Revenue Service.
- Determine if the group or individual adheres to one or more of the following categories: recreational, educational, charitable, or artistic interests of the school community or the discussion of matters of general or public interest.
- Determine whether the flyer is in compliance with existing federal and state laws or regulations, and the stated standards, goals, and objectives of district relating to the well-being of the students and community that it serves.
These guidelines do not apply to the distribution of PTA/PFO newsletters or parent communication from the PTA/PFO, school foundations or school-related booster clubs, and the City of Temecula. Those publications are distributed at the discretion of the site administrator.
The superintendent or designee will consider the educational value of the materials, the age of maturity of students in the intended audience, and whether the materials support the basic educational mission of the District, directly benefit the students or are of intrinsic value to the student or their parents/guardians. All submittals must be from non-profit organizations. The Superintendent, principal or designee shall not accept for distribution any materials or advertisements that:
- Are obscene, libelous or slanderous (Education Code 48907)
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools (Education Code 48907)
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party or ballot measure, unless such materials are being distributed at a forum in which candidates or advocates from all sides are presenting their views to the students during school hours or during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of any unlawful consideration
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including but not limited to materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children
- Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board policy.
- Distribute unsolicited merchandise for which an ensuing payment is requested
Organizations or individuals that engage in violations of the guidelines may be banned from future distribution of promotional and/or informational materials.