Contact TVUSD District Quick Facts Required Notices Schools and Calendars
California State Standards Educational Technology Electives Graduation Requirements High School Course Catalogs High School Instructional Materials Independent Study PE Elementary Visual and Performing Arts Positive Prevention (STD / HIV Education) Summer School Student Testing TVUSD Math Course Pathways and Team School Accountability Report Cards
Annual Notification Packet Enrollment Family Engagement/Parent Meetings TV Council PTA Hot Weather Guidelines Resources & Links Pearson - Curriculum and Textbooks McGraw Hill Connect Ed Student Fees, Donations and Fundraising Transfers Understanding Educational Acronyms Volunteers
Program Directory Alternative Education AVID Before and After School Child Care (BASES) Career Technical Education English Learners Foster Youth Library PBIS Preschool Programs Safe & Drug, Alcohol, Tobacco Free Schools Single Plan For Student Achievement Transitional Kindergarten Title I Programs Wellness Program
Board of Education Board Policies Budget Updates Budget and Financial Reports CFD Financial Disclosure Reports (AB1666) Local Control Accountability Plan Measure Y
District Directory Accounting and Payroll Business Support Services Child Welfare & Attendance (CWA) Educational Support Services (ESS) Facilities Development Health Office Human Resources Development (HRD) Information Management Systems (IMS) Maintenance & Operations Nutrition Services Public Information Office Purchasing Risk Management Special Education Superintendent's Office Transportation
Current Openings EdJoin Substitutes
Resource Page for Employees

Payroll News



At the direction of the Riverside County Office of Education (RCOE) and to improve the efficiency, accuracy, security, and timing of Credit Union deposits from employee pay checks, the current method of transferring money from your paycheck to the credit union is being changed.  After the November 30, 2017 payroll, the District will no longer process these transfers using the voluntary deduction method.  Beginning December 1, 2017, all transfers to your Credit Union must be accomplished using a Direct Deposit form.


Employees who currently have a voluntary deduction in place will need to complete a Direct Deposit form to continue having these funds transferred.  You can obtain a copy of the Direct Deposit form on our webpage located under Payroll Forms or by contacting your credit union.  Please return your completed form along with a voided check or printout from your bank with the routing number and account number to Payroll no later than Friday, December 8, 2017.  If you do not make this change, your voluntary deduction will stop and the amount will be included in your regular pay.


Here’s a link to our webpage and the form:



11/1/16- W-4. IRS regulations (Reg. 3103492(f)(2)-1(c)(3)) require Temecula Valley Unified School District to annually remind you to file a new form W-4 whenever there is a change in filing status, exemption allowances (number of dependents claimed), or a change in your exempt status. You are required to submit a new W-4 when there is a decrease in the number of allowances you are entitled to claim or if your exemption from withholding is no longer valid. You are able to file a new W-4 whenever you wish to increase your allowances. If you have any questions, please contact your payroll technician. Thank you.


1/1/2016- Earned Income Tax Credit Notice to Employees. “Based on your annual earnings, you may be eligible to receive the earned income tax credit from the federal government. The earned income tax credit is a refundable federal income tax credit for low-income working individuals and families. The earned income tax credit has no effect on certain welfare benefits. In most cases, earned income tax credit payments will not be used to determine eligibility for Medicaid, supplemental security income, food stamps, low-income housing or most temporary assistance for needy families payments. Even if you do not owe federal taxes, you must file a tax return to receive the earned income tax credit. Be sure to fill out the earned income tax credit form in the federal income tax return booklet. For information regarding your eligibility to receive the earned income tax credit, including information on how to obtain the IRS Notice 797 or any other necessary forms and instructions, contact the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-829-3676 or through its Web site at”


Ongoing- Refund of CalSTRS Contributions (DB vs. DBS). There are currently two different contribution rates for CalSTRS Defined Benefit (DB) vs. the Defined Benefit Supplement (DBS) programs.  This has resulted in CalSTRS issuing refunds. If you are due a refund, CalSTRS will notify you by mail. For active certificated employees, this refund will automatically be posted on your regular paycheck.  For former certificated employees who are no longer employed by the district, and whose refund amount exceeds $5.00, the district will automatically issue and mail a commercial warrant to their last address on file. Commercial warrants below $5.00 will require a refund request form be submitted in order to verify address information prior to the district incurring the expense of the transaction.  If you are due a commercial warrant for a refund below $5.00, you may click here or go to "Payroll forms" for more information and to access the refund request form.


Ongoing- Increased CalSTRS and CalPERS Contribution Rates. Contribution Rates are set to increase gradually over the next several years. This will be an extra expense to both the District and its employees. Please see the chart below for a list of rates for the District and each employee group.